Skip to main content

Recipe: Cheesecake Fruit Dip


Happy Memorial Day! Later today we are going over to my parent's house for a family dinner and yesterday I was perusing the Aldi for something fun to bring along with us. They had some great looking keto-friendly-fruit (berries) for super cheap (which, let's be honest, that's why we love Aldi!). So I grabbed a bunch (all for under $5) and decided to come up with a fruit dip that would compliment it.

I used to create a fruit dip that was [delicious, but] chock full of sugar that was cream cheese, cool whip and sweetened condensed milk. Every once and a while, I would try to reign in the sugar by buying "light" or sugar free cool whip, but still, the sweetened condensed milk accounted for everyone's carbs for the day (or week). Anyway, it was one of my favorite things to make for a party, and I wanted to come up with a keto friendly alternative.

On instagram somewhere, a friend posted a recipe for keto condensed milk, and I'll try that one day, but for now, this cheesecake fruit dip is a great replacement! No sugar, tastes like cheesecake, and is light and airy which makes it a perfect compliment for fruit.

Note: It's very important that your cream cheese is room temperature. I set mine out the night before with intent to make the dip in the morning. If it's not, it will be chunky in your dip and that's not as appetizing. You can soften it in the microwave, but it's not quite the same. If you do use the microwave, let it cool until it's not warm, or it'll curdle your heavy cream and ruin it.

A lot of people think fruit is off limits on keto, and that's not true! The fruits that are off limits are high fructose fruits that have too much of a net impact on the blood sugar (think; apples, bananas, mangoes). Berries are a perfect keto fruit because they only contain about 1-1.5g net carbs per berry and have very little net impact on your blood sugar.




 Recipe for Cheesecake Fruit Dip:
- One block (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup Stevia (or swerve, erithritol) 
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt





First, beat your whipping cream until it forms peaks (you are making whipped cream). If you've never made whipped cream before, it is so easy! If you have a stand mixer, make sure your bowl and whisk are completely clean (any grease will prevent the cream from whipping properly) and beat on medium speed. Keep an eye on it, you don't want it to over-churn. A hand mixer will work just fine too, just move it around a lot. You are beating air into your cream to make it "whipped."


Place your whipped cream in a separate bowl for now, and beat your cream cheese, stevia, vanilla, and a bit of cream (I just added this to make it easier to mix) until they are thoroughly combined and smooth. 


Then, gently fold in your whipped cream until combined, and you're done! Chill in the fridge (covered) for at least an hour and you're good to go! This is a perfect dip to bring along with mixed berries to a party. It always disappears fast!


If you make this recipe, post it with hashtag #theketocoach and if you're not already, follow me on Instagram @keto_rebekah







Comments

  1. Nutritional Facts/ serving size?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you make this recipe the night before eating it? Or is it better day of?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Body Image While On a Weightloss Journey

So, today I wanted to write about something that is very personal for me - and that's maintaining self esteem while on a weight loss journey. Throughout my struggle with my weight over the last few years, my self esteem and body image has taken some massive hits. I have had lots of "I look like THAT?" moments, followed by several more "I STILL look like THAT?" The first time it really hit me how overweight I had gotten was at my son's second birthday party. I put a LOT of work into his Toy Story party and the end result was SO cute. I had gone pinterest-crazy and spent way too much money on a two year old's birthday, but I was SO pleased with the result. So much so that I hired a family friend to come take professional pictures. The pride I had felt in regard to his party quickly dissipated when I saw how I looked in the pictures. At first glance, all you see in this picture is a young, happy family - but for me, these photos represent how far gon

Let's Get to Know Each Other

Hello There! My name is Rebekah and I'm a 28 year old Mom of three from Tampa, Florida. I am on a journey to better overall health with the help of keto. I started this site as a way for me to archive all of the things I've learned and am still learning along the way, and to hopefully help others achieve their weight loss goals with a ketogenic diet. I started my weight loss journey in 2015. I was tipping the scales at 265 lbs, the heaviest I've ever been in my life, after several long months of dealing with depression, anxiety, and turning to binge eating for relief. I lost about 40 lbs by cleaning up my diet, starting to exercise, and just generally being more active. Fast forward to Spring of 2016 and, surprise! I found out I was expecting my third baby! I have battled with thyroid disease, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and hashimotos thyroiditis, so my fertility odds have always been low. However, God saw fit to bless my husband and I with another sweet baby and we