Skip to main content

Recipe: Keto Brownie Cupcakes


So, based off the fact that I'm posting not one, but TWO "sweet" recipes for y'all today, you can probably figure out that I've got quite a sweet tooth. A couple weeks ago, I randomly felt like experimenting in the baking department and seeing if I could create a cakey-keto-brownie that I actually liked. I tried a ruled.me recipe for a chocolate mug cake a few weeks back it was GROSS. Like, throw away after the first bite, gross. Note, I've never made brownies from scratch before, but for some reason (probably to avenge the failed mug cake experiment), I thought it was something I could try. And they turned out really great! I made a small batch for my husband and I one evening and we had them warm with a scoop of vanilla halo top. Delicious!

Unfortunately, I have no low quality pictures of the cooking process for you all, but you'll just have to use your imaginations. 😉

Lastly; every time I post a baking recipe, I get asked if it's OK to swap coconut flour for almond flour. My super-helpful answer to that is, "I don't know, probably." I realize that isn't what people want to hear, but the truth is I just don't work with coconut flour as much. I have figured out almond flour pretty well, which was a relationship that took time for me to development after I broke up with white/wheat flour, and I just haven't taken the time to get to know coconut flour. So, if you're wondering if that's an OK substitution, "I don't know, probably." It may change the texture a little bit.

Recipe for Keto Brownie Cupcakes

- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups stevia
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips

Beat together eggs and stevia. Add in butter. Beat in cream and vanilla.

In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients, then add this mixture to wet ingredients. Stir until thoroughly combined, then fold in chocolate chips.

Bake in a muffin tin at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. When you take them out, they should still feel a bit moist/soft. Let rest, and enjoy!


I was so eager to eat this, I forgot to take any pictures that weren't terrible. But trust me when I say, they're forget-to-take-an-IG-picture-delicious. :)

Are you following me on IG? Find me @keto_rebekah and subscribe to this blog so you can be the first to know when new updates and recipes get posted.

Want to start losing weight with Keto but don't know where to start? My Keto Coach E-Book can help. :)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Cheesecake Fruit Dip

Happy Memorial Day! Later today we are going over to my parent's house for a family dinner and yesterday I was perusing the Aldi for something fun to bring along with us. They had some great looking keto-friendly-fruit (berries) for super cheap (which, let's be honest, that's why we love Aldi!). So I grabbed a bunch (all for under $5) and decided to come up with a fruit dip that would compliment it. I used to create a fruit dip that was [delicious, but] chock full of sugar that was cream cheese, cool whip and sweetened condensed milk. Every once and a while, I would try to reign in the sugar by buying "light" or sugar free cool whip, but still, the sweetened condensed milk accounted for everyone's carbs for the day (or week). Anyway, it was one of my favorite things to make for a party, and I wanted to come up with a keto friendly alternative. On instagram somewhere, a friend posted a recipe for keto condensed milk, and I'll try that one day, b

"The Fat Woosh" Theory

So, you may or may not have heard this theory before, but it's one of those "I wish I'd known about that earlier" things that I recently started to understand. When you are on a weight loss journey, you sometimes will experience stalls or periods of unexplained plateaus. You're doing everything right, but you're not losing weight. It can get super frustrating, but there may be a scientific reason why it's happening. I've touched on this a little bit before, but today I wanted to explain it in a little better detail to provide some clarity, and hopefully, some encouragement if you've found yourself in a weight loss stall.  So, I've talked before about how your body puts in a lot of work to keep us healthy and thriving. Sometimes, if you change your eating habits suddenly, or are losing weight too quickly, your body will work to slow down the process, in case this might indicate that you are starving or in crisis. We know that we're not

My Keto Progress, Month 3

I have been Keto for three months now, as of May 1! And I feel great! So this month was a little bit frustrating because I was stuck on a plateau for three weeks. For the first 2/3 of April, my weight either stayed exactly the same at 203 or fluctuated up to 207 and back down again (I HATE holding on to water, so frustrating!) I stayed consistent and kept working out. I ate intuitively and ate when I was hungry and didn't when I wasn't. I was SO excited when I stepped on the scale to see 202, the plateau was finally broken! My consistency paid off, and I experienced a "fat whoosh" and FINALLY got down into the 190's! I ended the month at 198 and I was SO excited, I have wanted to get to "onederland" for so long! The theory behind the "fat whoosh" effect is that sometimes, when you are losing weight, your fat cells start to shrink but fill up with water as a place holder. When you've been overweight for a long time, or you have b