Skip to main content

Recipe: Jalapeno Popper Chicken

So last week, instead of doing a Walmart run with all three kiddos, I used their app for Grocery Pickup. If you haven't used it yet, it's great and I highly recommend it, especially if running in Walmart with your children is one of the more unpleasant ways you can imagine using your time. For me, I dislike the sacrifice of being able to choose all my own produce and meat (is that just me? I like to have control of the exact produce that comes home with me. Maybe I'm a control freak?) Anyway, for the most part though, they always give me great stuff. Last week, though, I brought more jalapenos than I could reasonably use in a batch of jalapeno poppers, and it left me with a couple leftover peppers. I have been trying to look for ways to "spice up" chicken breasts lately, no pun intended, because they're just so dang boring by themselves, so I came up with the idea to make this jalapeno popper chicken using the leftover peppers I had. 

If you've ever made my Jalapeno Popper recipe, this is super simple. The ingredients are essentially the same as the poppers, plus chicken breast!


Ingredients:
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used Mexican style cheese)
- 2 jalapeno poppers, deseeded (if you like more "heat," you can leave in the seeds)
- 5-6 pieces of cooked bacon
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbs garlic powder

In a bowl, combine your cheeses and garlic powder. 


Chop up your jalapenos and throw them in the mix as well.


Place your chicken in a casserole dish and spread this mixture on top.


Mmm. It's not pretty, but yum.

Chop up some bacon and throw that on there. The more, the merrier.


And that's it! Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.


So easy and delicious! As I was eating this, it occurred to me that this would also be really delicious with thinner cuts of chicken. 

Make sure you subscribe to this blog so you can hear about all my delicious recipes as they come! And, for more about my day to day keto journey, follow me on Instagram @keto_rebekah 😍








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Cheesecake Fruit Dip

Happy Memorial Day! Later today we are going over to my parent's house for a family dinner and yesterday I was perusing the Aldi for something fun to bring along with us. They had some great looking keto-friendly-fruit (berries) for super cheap (which, let's be honest, that's why we love Aldi!). So I grabbed a bunch (all for under $5) and decided to come up with a fruit dip that would compliment it. I used to create a fruit dip that was [delicious, but] chock full of sugar that was cream cheese, cool whip and sweetened condensed milk. Every once and a while, I would try to reign in the sugar by buying "light" or sugar free cool whip, but still, the sweetened condensed milk accounted for everyone's carbs for the day (or week). Anyway, it was one of my favorite things to make for a party, and I wanted to come up with a keto friendly alternative. On instagram somewhere, a friend posted a recipe for keto condensed milk, and I'll try that one day, b

"The Fat Woosh" Theory

So, you may or may not have heard this theory before, but it's one of those "I wish I'd known about that earlier" things that I recently started to understand. When you are on a weight loss journey, you sometimes will experience stalls or periods of unexplained plateaus. You're doing everything right, but you're not losing weight. It can get super frustrating, but there may be a scientific reason why it's happening. I've touched on this a little bit before, but today I wanted to explain it in a little better detail to provide some clarity, and hopefully, some encouragement if you've found yourself in a weight loss stall.  So, I've talked before about how your body puts in a lot of work to keep us healthy and thriving. Sometimes, if you change your eating habits suddenly, or are losing weight too quickly, your body will work to slow down the process, in case this might indicate that you are starving or in crisis. We know that we're not

My Keto Progress, Month 3

I have been Keto for three months now, as of May 1! And I feel great! So this month was a little bit frustrating because I was stuck on a plateau for three weeks. For the first 2/3 of April, my weight either stayed exactly the same at 203 or fluctuated up to 207 and back down again (I HATE holding on to water, so frustrating!) I stayed consistent and kept working out. I ate intuitively and ate when I was hungry and didn't when I wasn't. I was SO excited when I stepped on the scale to see 202, the plateau was finally broken! My consistency paid off, and I experienced a "fat whoosh" and FINALLY got down into the 190's! I ended the month at 198 and I was SO excited, I have wanted to get to "onederland" for so long! The theory behind the "fat whoosh" effect is that sometimes, when you are losing weight, your fat cells start to shrink but fill up with water as a place holder. When you've been overweight for a long time, or you have b